Professor, Richard and Rhoda Goldman Chair
Phone: (415) 338-3104
Location: Humanities 517
Mon: 12:30 p.m. -
Wed: 12:30 p.m. -
- 1993 Ph.D., History, UCLA
- 1989 M.A., History, UCLA
- 1986 B.A., History, UCB
- American Jewish history
- Jewish social responsibility
- California Jewish history
- Modern Jewish Identity
- Jews and Public Policy Church/State Separation
- The 1960s
- JS 280 - Introduction to Jewish Studies
- JS 350 - Jewish Social Responsibility
- JS 449 - American Jewish History
- JS 540 - Anti-Semitism
- JS 633 - Modern Jewish History
- American Jewish History: A Documents Reader, co-editor with Gary Zola, Brandeis University Press, 2014.
- California Jews, co-editor with Ava Kahn, Brandeis University Press, 2003.
- Quest For Inclusion: Jews and Liberalism in Modern America, Princeton University Press, 2000.
- Is It Good For The Jews? Power and Politics in the 1960s, in progress.
Membership in Academic Associations
- Association of Jewish Studies
- Western Jewish Studies Association
- American Jewish Historical Association
- American Historical Association
- Organization of American Historians